Burning Down the House

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

War and Peace

Contrast Podcast No. 19 is up right now, with my first contribution! This is a worldwide group blogger effort on a different theme each week. Tim Young puts it together, out of love apparently. A very cool thing in this here democrasphere.

This week's theme is War and Peace... the end is coming soon, you know? Peace is just around the corner. Or something. I submitted Manfred Mann's version of Bob Dylan's "With God On Our Side," my no. 1 all-time anti-war song, way apropos since 9/11 and the rise of the Christian Right here at home.
You'll find my intro and the song, and about 14 other submissions on the theme, at
Contrast Podcast.

That's week 19. Tim has posted three more themes, so the free-for-all to submit for those has already begun. I'm actually listening to No. 14 right now, "Parlez-vous Francais?" and Warren Zevon's ... what is it? French version of "Monkey Wash, Donkey Rinse"? Although I think he's really singing "Leave My Donkey Alone" which, if I'm right, is a two-way Zevon in-joke. You can't download 'em all, but many are still available for download, RSS feed, whatever. Go for it. Enjoy. Immerse yourselves in the clash of diverse musical palettes.

this is my first time posting links here. Hope it works.

Peace out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Khthonian said...

I prefer the original Dylan...such soulful harmonica!

7:19 PM  
Blogger D. said...

Yes - I like it too, just didn't have it - or a digital version of Gurf Morlix's cover from a Bob's 60th Birthday show in Austin. So it had to be this one!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home